Hasn’t changed in 27 years

Copyright 1984- excerpt from a book “This is the Age in which nobody believes anybody, in which claims of superiority are challenged just because they’re claims, in which consumers express surprise when something they buy actually performs the way it was advertised to perform.

What has changed for the worse, is that customer support now is non- existent.  Throw a product out there and give them an automated menu for help press “go to H!!”.

I keep a lot of my books, I have had to purge over the years, but do so very reluctantly. I was looking at the afore mentioned book yesterday and the information seemed just as relevant to current trends as it did in 1984.  If anything, the degree of skepticism has continued to increase, just like the temps for the Mid-West this summer. 

I think about these things and reflect back and then look at current attitudes. I ponder how or why we continue toward a total distrust of everyone, each other and even your own self.  You cannot even trust yourself to give yourself good advice sometimes.  Dang, it!!  Is that peanut butter fudge calling me again?  Don’t listen.  Don’t trust that little kid in there trying to get you in trouble again. 

Most of our social ills, I believe (wish it were that simple) is our inner child left to run wild in the streets with no consequences. 

God forbid that we be taken to the wood shed for our miss deeds. 

Just another day floating on my iceberg.  See you in cyber space friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snarky Boomer’s First Days In a New Direction

The Finer Things In Life Are The Simple Things In Life

Disgust–disgustful-disgusting- word for the day