Am I still a hippy deep down inside?

hippy girls

 Once upon a time many years ago, we were going to change the world.  As the Vietnam War raged our generation took to the streets, literally leaving families and meeting up, because the generation of our parents were not to be trusted.  We could build a world with love power, love for all.  Build our commune to share our resources and common beliefs.  We tried to change the hateful power machine from within.  Make the change peaceful and quietly from within.  We were so naive .  Little did we know the magnitude of the hydra monster we were going to tame with love.

There were those that went off to war and those that went to Washington DC. Some died on the jungle floor physically, the others died ethically and morally after entering the door to politics. 

Remember the story of Snow White? The wicked witch has Snow White bite her poison apple and she falls into a deep sleep. Every four years her possible prince charming rides by and her heart pounds thinking this could be the one that will deliver her from this living death.  NOT.  As in acting tryouts, the director yells, next!!  Year after year.  Some come very close, but alas the witch wins.  Snow White cries with no tears the silent  scream “How Long, dear God, how long”?

Another day floating on my iceberg.  See you in cyber space friends.

Comments

  1. I know you are metaphorically floating on your iceberg, but I want you to know you are not alone. I enjoy your posts and just wanted to know that I like your message. I was going to try and say something with wisdom but I think you possess far more than I do. I just wanted you to know that in my eyes and heart you are not floating alone waiting to die.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Snarky Boomer’s First Days In a New Direction

The Finer Things In Life Are The Simple Things In Life

BANG! Start Off 2012