I live in an Oxymoron world

Most of it consisting of moron; defined in Webster’s Dictionary as- mild mental retardation (don’t jump on my butt about being politically correct).

If I didn't laugh at the fine mess I am now in, I would be secured in a mental hospital. Being absolutely unsure of anything, everyone and anyplace has brought me to a state of acute apathy.

I now seem to find myself thrust into active retirement whether I want it or not. As I took stock of my finances, I thought I had made an accurate estimate of what I would need to survive on. All these unanticipated expenses seem to just keep coming in, like mortar shells, blasting holes in my budget. I have been forced to become an amateur expert on how to survive on very little money. Boomer's like myself are enjoying the benefits of an efficient government, whether local, state or Federal. In fact our entire planet seems to have a severe wasting disease called "lack of common sense".

I think I will sit now in eloquent silence and eat my cold hotdog. Just another day floating on my iceberg. See ya in cyberspace.

Comments

  1. So many Americans are in places we never thought we would be in. Government makes a mistake and it affects the citizens for years. We become pawns in a " who has the bigger one" game between our political parties and meanwhile we get screwed. I started following you.. Good LUck I really will have a good thought for you.


    http://jpweddingphotograpy.blogspot.com/2011/07/ospreys-unique-birds-of-prey.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post..I am 52 and with 3 kids..living on no income..never had I imagined I would be in this place in life....actually I never imagined this life at all..LOL...I laugh now but even I am not fooled by my own laughter...I look forward to reading more of your words ...As always....XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true. <3 At 54 I am completely dependent on my husband for "income". The "government" takes most of what he earns. Laughing yes, when I have to chose between repairing a broken car or eating. The irony for me is I'm still fat.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Snarky Boomer’s First Days In a New Direction

The Finer Things In Life Are The Simple Things In Life

BANG! Start Off 2012