My Dumb Phone !!!

Well, I guess I am stuck with my dumb phone for awhile yet. The mad rush is on for the latest and greatest smart phone and the truck load of apps created for them.  Not saying that I wouldn’t take one if it were given to me, but starting at $199.00 and up, (The Vertu Constellation Quest costs $28,000)

http://www.pcworld.com/article/218614/app_stores_overload_its_too_much_of_a_good_thing.html

Consider this: there are more than 70,000 registered Twitter apps out there. How is that making anything easier? Which app do you choose? And now that there are dozens of companies with their own app stores, which app store do you choose to find which app you want?

Therein lies the irony.

The idea that too much choice is a good thing has been eviscerated by economists and psychologists alike. Psychologist Barry Schwartz contends that having a plethora of choices is actually driving us to an exhausted state of insanity and that the overload of options is paralyzing people or pushing them into decisions that are against their own best interest. Some of these upstart app stores need to get that memo.

Obviously, I got the memoDisappointed smile I am now paralyzed, exhausted and in a state of insanity.  But to be fare, I don’t think it was the smart phone app choices that got me there.  Hello, is this Washington D.C. – I want to speak to the President.

Another day floating on my berg.  See you in cyber space friend.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snarky Boomer’s First Days In a New Direction

The Finer Things In Life Are The Simple Things In Life

Disgust–disgustful-disgusting- word for the day