OMG- who the heck is that?!!!

Boomer reaction after passing by the full length mirror coming out of the shower.  Space aliens have landed and taken over my body!! 

As a boomer, having memories is great.  We get to reminisce about the good old days. Unfortunately, I can remember (only yesterday wasn’t it?) when I was slim, trim, toned and everything in its place.  I used to fight with a pimple, a little cellulite on the thigh or the thought of my boobs being too small.  Now, the thoughts are more about, where did that age spot come from overnight (age spots take the place of pimples), the extra roll on the midriff (used to have a stomach so flat and tight you could bounce a quarter off it)  don’t try that now or you will lose the quarter.  I stopped worrying about the thighs and watch in horror as my stomach (that I never had before continues to inch forward).  The boobs thing, I just try to collect them and corral them into my wonder bra.

I know, not every boomer will appreciate the honest humor, but fighting getting older really just makes me feel old.  Heck, I give up, why fight with the inevitable?  I just want to enjoy it, laugh at it, and continue to do the things that bring a smile to my face.  That is the best face lift a body can have and it’s free. 

For those who follow me as I started posting from blogger, I have transitioned to my own domain.  http://boomersberg.com and it has some pretty cool perks.  Apture is on my site. This feature allows you to highlight any subject or word and will give you (without leaving the page) info found on the internet of the subject or word.  Real cool, I think, give it a try. Also, I have a forum there for those who want to start a conversation on any subject which would be boomer related or a boomer rant. Steaming mad I have started some links to some cool boomer places on the net and hope to actually have a page that will be like a boomer directory to places on the net especially pertaining to boomer subjects of interest.

Just another day floating on my iceberg.  See you in cyber space friend. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Snarky Boomer’s First Days In a New Direction

The Finer Things In Life Are The Simple Things In Life

BANG! Start Off 2012