I am Somebody from Nowhere

  
I notice that we look at information or a person, picture and process the information rather quickly with preconceived prejudices at a completely subconscious level. This is a primitive hard wire set up in the brain, that would allow us to move quickly either toward or away from an entity or thing. Unfortunately, when applied in our modern world set up it causes us to miss out on some very meaningful experiences. As an example of this: If I post my business address as XXX Maple St.; Small Town; MS-- how serious will I be taken? Rather if I set up my business address as XXX Park Pl; New York, N.Y. XXXXX..... Admittedly, you look at the N.Y. address as being more substantial and having more veracity than the small town address.
We do the same with people, as was done with Jesus, "can anything good come from Nazareth?" It was too small, too insignificant to foster anything of worth.
All the above to get you and myself to question our knee jerk reaction to some of the information we assimilate and filter through an ancient filter that may NOT lead us to a correct assumption. “The Thinker”
Just another day floating on my iceberg. See you in cyber space friend.  http://boomersberg.com  

Comments

  1. I like to say: See others not with your eyes, nor with your mind, but with your heart. I have met very few people who are actually able to do that. When I do, they become a friend for life.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Snarky Boomer’s First Days In a New Direction

The Finer Things In Life Are The Simple Things In Life

BANG! Start Off 2012